TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Access and Use of this Website
- PHYSICIANS: The Specimen Collection information, and any other clinical information in the “Physician” section of this Website, is intended solely for the use of our physician clients. However, physician clients and other healthcare professionals accessing this Website are advised to exercise their own professional judgment concerning this Website’s content and appropriateness of use in the clinical setting generally, and as it may regard any particular patient, specimen or test.
- INTERPATH: Access and use of the InterPath© on-line requisitions and reports software feature for physician offices is strictly limited to authorized persons for authorized purposes. Access and use of InterPath© complies with the patient privacy and security requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”).
- PATIENTS: Pathology Diagnostic Consultants offers access to this Website to patients and non-physicians to assist in the selection of pathology laboratory services providers for the purpose of obtaining a pathology diagnosis second opinion. The content of this Website is not intended to provide professional medical advice and it should not be interpreted or relied on as professional medical advice. Patients and non-physicians who use this Website should not rely on its content to replace a relationship with a physician or other healthcare professional.
- NO DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP: Use of this Website, including but not limited to submission of any request for information or submission of a written request for a second opinion, does not, in and of itself, create a doctor-patient relationship between you, the user, and Pathology Diagnostic Consultants or any of its pathologists, or between you and Orange County Pathology Medical Group, Inc., or any of its pathologists. Always seek the advice of your own physician (healthcare provider) concerning your medical condition. Do not start, stop or modify any medical treatment or medication because of something you have or have not read on this Website.
- In the case of an emergency, get emergency medical attention at once (for example, dial 911) and do not delay because of something you have or have not read on this Website.
Links To Third-Party Websites
Pathology Diagnostic Consultants is not responsible for the content or consequences of accessing any links to other third-party websites. Links to any third-party websites are offered as a courtesy only. Third-party websites are not controlled by Pathology Diagnostic Consultants, which assumes no responsibility arising from your use of such websites and which does not support or recommend the content of such websites. WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ANY ALLEGATION THAT ANY THIRD PARTY-OWNED CONTENT (WHETHER PUBLISHED ON THIS, OR ANY OTHER, WEB SITE) INFRINGES THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY OR ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ANY INFORMATION OR OPINION CONTAINED ON SUCH THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR CONTENT.
Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability
Pathology Diagnostic Consultants will try to maintain current and accurate information on its Website. Nevertheless, the Website should not be considered error-free or as a comprehensive and up-to-date source of all information on a particular subject. Pathology Diagnostic Consultants makes no warranties or representations (express or implied) as to the accuracy of the content of the Website, and assumes no responsibility for any and all consequences relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction you take based upon the information and material on this Website.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PATHOLOGY DIAGNOSTIC CONSULTANTS (A DIVISION OF ORANGE COUNTY PATHOLOGY MEDICAL GROUP, INC.) MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE USER, AND YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK OF LOSS ARISING FROM USE OF THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN. PATHOLOGY DIAGNOSTIC CONSULTANTS DOES NOT PROMISE CONTINUOUS ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE OR ITS INFORMATION, NOR DOES IT PROMISE THAT ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE, OR THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE, WILL BE ERROR-FREE. PATHOLOGY DIAGNOSTIC CONSULTANTS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND DOES NOT ASSUME LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE. PATHOLOGY DIAGNOSTIC CONSULTANTS ALSO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE. ALL INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT THIS WEBSITE WOULD NOT BE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ABSENT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
The Website includes material that is derived in whole or in part from copyrighted materials, including the format and layout of the Website. The copyrights are owned by Orange County Pathology Medical Group, Inc., or–for licensed content, such as InterPath©—by the content providers.
Right To Change Terms and Conditions
It its sole discretion, and without advance notice, Pathology Diagnostic Consultants may, at any time and from time to time, change these terms and conditions. Any changes to these terms and conditions shall be effective at the time they are posted to this Website. You agree to review these terms and conditions for changes periodically; and your use of the Website following any posted change constitutes your agreement to the changes.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Pathology Diagnostic Consultants (a division of Orange County Pathology Medical Group, Inc.) and its owners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from and against any liability, loss, claim, suit, damage, and expense (including reasonable attorneys´ fees and expenses—and court costs including costs on appeal) related to (a) your violation of these terms and conditions and (b) your posting of material to this Website.
Any action brought to enforce the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall be resolved exclusively by the state and federal courts of the State of California. The laws and statutes of the State of California shall govern all matters concerning this Website, without regard to any principles of conflicts of laws, and without regard to the location of the Website user anywhere in the world. Pathology Diagnostic Consultants makes no representation that material on this site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the site from other locations do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Minor’s Access Prohibited
Use of this Website by unemancipated minors is prohibited. This Website is designed and intended for use by adults only.
Site Usage Termination
Use of this Website is at the sole and unrestricted discretion of Pathology Diagnostic Consultants. If, in the sole discretion of Pathology Diagnostic Consultants, you fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, Pathology Diagnostic Consultants may terminate these Terms and Conditions, without notice, and/or deny you access to the Website.
Pathology Diagnostic Consultants (a division of Orange County Pathology Medical Group, Inc.) is located in Orange, California (USA):
805 W. La Veta Avenue, Suite 104
Orange, CA 92868
See “Contact Us.”
1 InterPath is copyrighted by PathLogix Corporation, La Jolla, California 92037